The Office of the County Attorney performs criminal and civil legal duties as specified by Minnesota statutes. The goal of this work is to protect public safety and the rights of people and businesses in Stearns
Some of the County Attorney's responsibilities include:
- Prosecution of crimes involving adult offenders
- Civil advice and litigation for the County Board, officials and departments
- Prosecution of cases involving juvenile offenders
- Initiation of child protection services
- Assistance for crime victims and witnesses
- Participation in efforts to prevent or reduce crime
The County Attorney performs these duties with help from a team of Assistant County Attorneys as well as support staff. Learn more about the County Attorney's office.
Visit our Law & Public Safety area for detailed information on many of the services provided by the County Attorney.
See the duties of the County Attorney according to Minnesota statutes in Minnesota Statutes, Section 388.